Monday, September 3, 2007

I've been tagged

I've been tagged by Kathy so here are 8 random things about me but first...

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/stories about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


1. I took piano lessons from 6th grade until after graduating from high school. I was the first graduating student that she had taught in all her years. She herself, quit teaching shortly afterward to go to school to become a doctor. A major accomplishment for someone who is blind.

2. When I was 7ish, I decided I was going to run away with the neighbor girls. We never made it out of the driveway because we ended up fighting over which way we wanted to go.

3. I don't like going up ladders. Once I'm up them I get scared that the ladder will move and make me crash to the ground. Even a little 4 foot ladder that has 4 legs firmly on the ground (washing my SUV is a real chore because of this). Bridges and other heights are fine, but NOT ladders.

4. I hate merging onto freeways because I'm scared a big truck will run me off the road. I'm afraid of getting lost when I drive places I've never been before. This is why it's taken me until a couple years ago to even get brave enough to go to a family reunion without my husband driving me there.

5. I love to take pictures. My favorite subjects are my kids (of course), moving water (like rivers and waterfalls and oceans), sunsets and flowers. I'm pretty sure my children are going to look back on their childhood and realize I spent a lot of time with a camera in my face. There aren't too many pictures of me in my picture albums unless it was taken by someone else.

6. I too, like Kathy, love thunderstorms. If the kids are awake, we go sit on our front steps and watch the lightening strikes and listen for the thunder. The last storm we experienced they were in bed already so I went outside by myself and tried to capture pictures of lightening. It didn't work though, I was too slow on the trigger for it.

7. I love to go camping, but I'm kinda scared of coyotes. I know they won't hurt me, but their beady little eyes are kinda freaky. We went camping one time in Eastern Oregon and were going for a walk when the whole area errupted into coyote howls........I practically ran back to our tent and drug my husband with me. That was also the trip there was a bear outside our tent....another freaky experience since the only weapon I had with me was the cot I was sleeping on. The rifle was safely in the truck where my husband had left it.

8. I had a pet cow at my grandparents once. I named him "Sunday". He was so laid back I probably could've sat on his back and he wouldn't have cared. I could walk into the pasture and he'd come right to me for petting. He eventually became Sunday dinner, but that's life when you're a cow on a beef farm.

Tagged by me: My cousin Robyn and my mom (she needs to start a blog and get some stories and thoughts put down too).

2 comments:

kathy said...

:) I drug Alex and Steve outside to watch the last lightning storm we had here too. We stood in the driveway watching it somewhere over Tualatin or Wilsonville. It was doing REALLY COOL things in the clouds - kind of flashing upward in a big cumulus cloud. It was amazing.

kathy said...

Oh, and I ran away once too. I went to gramma's across the road. My mom called to tell me to come home for dinner, not realizing I wasn't supposed to be there. I think gramma thought she had sent me down to play and mom though I had been invited so no one even knew I was AWOL all afternoon.