This morning I was all set to park the car and walk my little man to the door at school. As I turned to find a parking spot he piped up and said "Mom, don't park today, I can do it by myelf. I don't need you to walk me to the door." So, I parked along the sidewalk where I could see the front doors and watched my little man run like crazy, blowing past a number of kids, only to stop at the door and wait for a girl who was coming up behind him. She went into a different door though, so he continued on his quest to go to his classroom all by himself. Once he was inside and we couldn't see him anymore, Lizzie and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. We figured he just wanted to ensure that I wasn't going to cry again today. When Lizzie and I picked him up after school he was all set to go and excited about tomorrow. I just asked him if he wanted me to drop him off at the sidewalk again tomorrow and with the sweetest smile ever...."Yeah."
This little man started Kindergarten this morning. He was super excited to go. Has been for some time now. He wanted to leave the house as soon as he woke up. Wanted to skip breakfast to get there. Nevermind that we were up at 7:00am and school doesn't start until 8:30!! :)
I've been tagged by Kathy so here are 8 random things about me but first...
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts. 2. Each player starts with eight random facts/stories about themselves. 3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. 4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. 5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I took piano lessons from 6th grade until after graduating from high school. I was the first graduating student that she had taught in all her years. She herself, quit teaching shortly afterward to go to school to become a doctor. A major accomplishment for someone who is blind.
2. When I was 7ish, I decided I was going to run away with the neighbor girls. We never made it out of the driveway because we ended up fighting over which way we wanted to go.
3. I don't like going up ladders. Once I'm up them I get scared that the ladder will move and make me crash to the ground. Even a little 4 foot ladder that has 4 legs firmly on the ground (washing my SUV is a real chore because of this). Bridges and other heights are fine, but NOT ladders.
4. I hate merging onto freeways because I'm scared a big truck will run me off the road. I'm afraid of getting lost when I drive places I've never been before. This is why it's taken me until a couple years ago to even get brave enough to go to a family reunion without my husband driving me there.
5. I love to take pictures. My favorite subjects are my kids (of course), moving water (like rivers and waterfalls and oceans), sunsets and flowers. I'm pretty sure my children are going to look back on their childhood and realize I spent a lot of time with a camera in my face. There aren't too many pictures of me in my picture albums unless it was taken by someone else.
6. I too, like Kathy, love thunderstorms. If the kids are awake, we go sit on our front steps and watch the lightening strikes and listen for the thunder. The last storm we experienced they were in bed already so I went outside by myself and tried to capture pictures of lightening. It didn't work though, I was too slow on the trigger for it.
7. I love to go camping, but I'm kinda scared of coyotes. I know they won't hurt me, but their beady little eyes are kinda freaky. We went camping one time in Eastern Oregon and were going for a walk when the whole area errupted into coyote howls........I practically ran back to our tent and drug my husband with me. That was also the trip there was a bear outside our tent....another freaky experience since the only weapon I had with me was the cot I was sleeping on. The rifle was safely in the truck where my husband had left it.
8. I had a pet cow at my grandparents once. I named him "Sunday". He was so laid back I probably could've sat on his back and he wouldn't have cared. I could walk into the pasture and he'd come right to me for petting. He eventually became Sunday dinner, but that's life when you're a cow on a beef farm.
Tagged by me: My cousin Robyn and my mom (she needs to start a blog and get some stories and thoughts put down too).
Yesterday we had the best time at Rockaway Beach. On the way there, we stopped at a forestry center so the kids could climb the fire tower they have as an exhibit. The weather was perfect for playing on the beach and we even played in the water!! The kids thought that was the greatest thing on earth that I let them play in the ocean. That lost it's favor when my daughter took a nose dive into the wave and sand and the rest of the day it wasn't so fun for her. My son thought it was awesome to have fallen in the water and not get into trouble. Lucky for me I'd taken a change of clothes "just in case". I had a feeling they'd be needing them. For lunch we roasted hotdogs on the beach and later made Smores too. For dinner we ate at a little place called Cow Belle Cafe where my husband, mom and cousin had fish and chips that were darn near as big as the plate itself, my children had their usual chicken strips and I had a very tasty burger that had fat slices of bacon on it!! YUMMY!! After dinner we walked down the street and found an ice cream shop. After that a much needed walk we took before getting back into the car and heading home. As we headed out of Garibaldi I took pictures of the pretty sunset and even farther down the road we found a rather large herd of elk grazing in a farmers field. It was a perfect end to the perfect day.