Thursday, September 6, 2007

Kindergarten - Day 2

This morning I was all set to park the car and walk my little man to the door at school. As I turned to find a parking spot he piped up and said "Mom, don't park today, I can do it by myelf. I don't need you to walk me to the door." So, I parked along the sidewalk where I could see the front doors and watched my little man run like crazy, blowing past a number of kids, only to stop at the door and wait for a girl who was coming up behind him. She went into a different door though, so he continued on his quest to go to his classroom all by himself. Once he was inside and we couldn't see him anymore, Lizzie and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. We figured he just wanted to ensure that I wasn't going to cry again today. When Lizzie and I picked him up after school he was all set to go and excited about tomorrow. I just asked him if he wanted me to drop him off at the sidewalk again tomorrow and with the sweetest smile ever...."Yeah."

No comments: